Public Affairs / PR Senior AE
We’re looking for a skilled, team-oriented, motivated communications professional to join our growing Public Affairs and Public Relations team. www.ctpboston.com
Our public affairs practice executes communications programs that help companies, non-profit organizations, and campaigns achieve their strategic and policy goals, as well as manage crises. The Senior Account Executive must have a strong interest in politics, government, and public policy, and the ability to work on varied subject matter across multiple industries. You will play a key part in managing accounts and working with our clients as we deliver earned media, crisis communications solutions, digital content and social media programs.
The successful candidate must be a team player, be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and seamlessly manage multiple tasks. In this position you will be expected to pitch and secure earned media. You must be a strong writer – both for longer form journalism-style and thought leadership pieces, as well as crisp and engaging social content. You also must bring a knowledge of social media platforms and an ability to quickly produce quality digital content based on client needs.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in communications, marketing, or journalism
- Strong interest in politics, campaigns, government, and public policy
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Experience identifying story opportunities and pitching earned media
- A deep understanding of communications channels, including social media platforms
- Manages account activity and helps develop and execute strategic communications initiatives across all platforms;
- Pitches earned media, writes news releases and op eds, and assists with other outreach to reporters;
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with media members;
- Writes blog posts, emails, and other digital content;
- Develops and implements social media campaigns;
- Proactively identifies story-telling and earned media opportunities; and
- Keeps abreast of each client’s industry, including competition, key trends and news opportunities.
CTP offers great benefits and is committed to an effective work/life balance for all employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.